Kids Camp 2021
Our kids camp provides an affordable, week-long camp experience for youth in Jennings County. We offer children a chance to participate in a wide variety of activities and have mentoring opportunities for the older youth. Camp is open to kids in grades K through 6th. Anyone that is in 7th grade or above is encouraged to volunteer as a camp counselor.
This year the dates for camp are June 28 to July 2 from 8AM to 5PM. We will also have an end of camp pool private pool party from 6:30-8:30PM on Friday, July 2. Kids are not required to attend every day. The cost is $25 per child. The cost is only $15 for each child if you are a JCYF Summer Fun Fest VIP membership holder. Financial assistance is available. Our camp director this year will be Emy Ralston. Casey Ernstes will also be supervising. Casey is a teacher in Jennings County and she is certified in first aid and CPR.
The theme for each day is listed below.
• Monday- Mad Scientist
• Tuesday- Under the Sea
• Wednesday- Spy
• Thursday- Under Construction
• Friday- The Olympics
Parents or guardians will drop the children off at the JCYF youth center at 7:45. We will feed them breakfast there. Then, we will walk to the park. We have reserved the shelter house next to the swimming pool. We will walk back to the youth center and have lunch from 11:30 to 12:30. We will then go back to the park for the remainder of the day. We will have a snack in the afternoon. You will pick your child up there. Parents and guardians will have to sign the children in and out every day. Only people listed on the registration will be able to pick up the children. The menu for the week is listed below. You may pack breakfast and lunch for your child. We have a place to store food that needs to be kept cold and we will also have a microwave to warm up food.
• Breakfast- sausage, eggs, biscuit
• Lunch- walking tacos or uncrustable, corn, applesauce
• Snack- pretzels with cheese
• Breakfast- bacon, eggs, hashbrowns
• Lunch- ham/turkey sandwich or uncrustable, carrots, grapes
• Snacks- animal crackers
• Breakfast- donuts, oranges, sausage links
• Lunch- grilled cheese or uncrustable, fruit cup, celery w/peanut butter
• Snack- Cheez-It crackers
• Breakfast- pancakes, peaches, bacon
• Lunch- hamburgers or uncrustable, tater tots, applesauce
• Snack- toasted cheese crackers
• Breakfast- biscuits & gravy, watermelon
• Lunch- hot dogs or uncrustable, french fries, cheese sauce
• Snack- popcorn, snow cones, cotton candy
Spots are limited. Masks will be required when the kids are not playing and social distancing cannot be maintained. If you have any questions or concerns about Summer Kids Camp, please contact Casey Ernstes at (812) 718-2088 or . Don't forget children with a Summer Fun Fest VIP Membership get $10 off Summer Kids Camp. You will use the code at checkout. Email us if you do not remember the code.